Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Technical Business Analyst (Product Focus) API Business Analyst
Financial client is in need of a API Business Analyst for a contract role in London. Please respond if you are looking for a Business Analyst role in London and you are strong in API. This is a technical role a development background would be ideal.
Software is increasingly being built using modular, network accessible software components – or APIs . As organizations increase their adoption and implementation of APIs, there is a pressing need to improve the speed, quality and consistency of APIs at scale. Large Enterprises need help understanding what a good looks like in the API space and how they can deliver better APIs at scale.
You will use your expert knowledge of Financial Services and APIs to help our clients plan, design and build API products at scale.
Your Responsibilities for the API Business Analyst
As a Tech Analyst you will be required to:
- Understand the business context, customer journeys, and use various use cases to define and design APIs
- Define APIs for product functionality
- Listen to complex technical conversations and ask the right questions to help define simpler solutions
- Defining API specifications for build teams to implement
- Support QA team in testing the APIs and supporting sandbox
- Construct a framework and approach for reviewing and cataloguing APIs at scale
- Provide gap analysis, qualitative reviews and identify usability problems for existing API products and governance solutions
- Support design processes, frameworks and systems to improve API quality at Enterprise scale
- Address the concerns of scale, uncertainty, change and evolvability in your designs, patterns and recommendations
- Ensuring adherence to standards, guidelines and patterns for API delivery teams to follow
- Incorporate business, product, developer and delivery goals into your outputs
- Represent the team as a Tech Analyst during planning, design and review meetings with senior client stakeholders
- Provide advice on emerging trends, technologies, practices in the API domain
Skills you need
- Strong Financial Services domain knowledge
- Strong knowledge of API domain
- Strong knowledge of API standards and guidelines (OAS, RAML)
- Understanding of External API ecosystem (developer portal, API portal, sandbox)
- Experience governing and delivering APIs in a large Enterprise
- Understanding of security controls for APIs
- Good communication skills and excellent analytical skills
API Business Analyst – Financial Service based client.